To get a Kindle or not to get a Kindle?
Hmm. I had no desire to get an e-reader until recently when we had to look up the changing prices of new media technologies in Media. I chose e-readers. They’re … very tempting. I’d probably get this one because it has the longest battery life and free 3G (even if it can only access the store and Wikipedia on 3G).
- I worry I’d become an entirely electronic reader, though, and my physical library would freeze, but the thing is e-books seem much cheaper and if I really have absolutely no money, there are lots of classics that are available free, not to mention torrents.
- I want to support the brick-and-mortar book industry but if I don’t have the money to do that, I’d prefer to still be able to support the authors somehow.
- I like actually owning physical books but I could still do that, right?
Not to mention I read (or rather finish) far fewer books than I used to. There’s also a Kindle app for iPhone so if I forget to bring something to read when I left home I could still access it on my phone.
I sound like an advertisement O_O if you’re reading this you’re probably thinking “Just get one then!” and I would but I want to be sure and this is my way of deliberating and I also have very, very little money right now. However, it’s my birthday in a few weeks, my 18th no less, so I may be able to get it as a gift or from any money I’m given.
Ooh, also 250,000 word inbuilt dictionary, searchable text, highlighting of key phrases and passages, guilt-free annotations from both myself and other people…
Not too expensive, either. I feel bad for considering being unfaithful to physical books though :C
Any thoughts? Preferably from someone who has tried both?
- fishiesinthesky likes this
- pleaselookaftermyghost likes this
- michaeltalbot answered:Couldn’t fit the answer into your ask box, so re-blogged it via The Kindle Monologues. Hope it’s helpful.
- eloquenceisunderrated answered:I have tried reading on my iPhone and results were not good! Hurty eye central.
- littlefishiesonboard answered:get one, i still read physical books sometimes and the dictionary feature is awesome, its great if you like to read